1. Eating straight from the garden. Last night we had salmon with homegrown tomatoes, homemade pesto from homegrown basil and a salad from homegrown greens. I love that all I have to do for a meal is grab whatever needs picking in my little vegie garden.Yum!
2. This book about French parenting. The Manfriend and I have been discussing what kind of parents we will be. It’s hard to plan anything as I don’t want to follow any strict rules, but hope to be pretty relaxed and easy-going. This new book Bringing up bebe by an American ex-pat living in France has an interesting take on parenting. When I was in high school I lived in france for a few months, and the kids are very well-behaved and respectful, but also seem relaxed, happy and well-adjusted. A Cup of Jo and Jezebel had interesting takes on the book (with some great comments), and the Huffington Post covers French parenting generally.
3. Buying books. I have been going a bit nuts on Booko and bought the above book, as well as At Homeby Bill Bryson which I’ve been meaning to read for ages, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Closeby Jonathan Safran Foer and One on One by Craig Brown. I know I’m not going to get much of a chance to read once the baby comes, so want to stock up now!
4. Going to NZ tomorrow. So freaking excited.
5. I had my first prenatal massage yesterday. It was AMAZING. The massage table had a hole in it for my tummy, which looked weird at first and was a bit tricky to get into, but it felt so good to lay on my front. The therapist massaged right down into my back and hips. I had tears pouring down my face as it hurt so much, but feels really good today. I want to try and get one every month or so, just as a pampering treat.